Best Electric Tankless Water Heaters – Conventional water heaters need to be replaced between six and twelve years. If your water heater is nearing the higher end of this range, you may be considering what options you have for replacing your water heater. Here are the best electric tankless water heaters and why you may want to consider switching to one.
Best Electric Tankless Water Heaters
What’s the difference?
Tankless water heaters were developed to improve energy efficiency and address the common problem of running out of hot water. They have no hot water reservoir but heat the water inside tank’s heat exchanger and send it to the faucet or shower “on demand”. They do not run out of hot water as a conventional water heater because they continue making hot water.
Conventional water heaters contain between 30 to 80 gallons, depending on the tank’s size. As the hot water in the tank is depleted, it is refilled with cold water and once the hot water is emptied, a typical water heater takes about forty-five minutes to fully reheat the cold water.
Since tankless water heaters only heat when hot water is turned on, they save a considerable amount of energy. Whereas, a conventional water heater is constantly heating the entire tank during the day and night, so it is ready when needed.
Top five models of 2022
- Stiebel Eltron DHC Trend Point-of-Use Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Excellent price, multiple models to choose from
- DHC 10-2 was reviewed: offers 32,757 BTUs of heating and up to six gallons of hot water per minute
- Ten-year warranty for leaks and three-year warranty for defects
- Rheem 18kw Tankless Electric Water Heater
- Versatile, 18 watts produce 61,419 BTUs
- Up to four gallons of hot water per minute
- Five-year warranty for heating components and one-year warranty on other parts
- Rheem 13kw Tankless Electric Water Heater RTEX-13
- 44,358 BTUs provide just over three gallons of hot water per minute
- Uses one 60-amp breaker and 240 volts
- Eemax 27kw Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Competitively price, 27,000 watts
- Up to seven gallons of hot water per minute (drops to three gallons of water per minute if water source is extremely cold)
- Five-year warranty against leaking and one year warranty for parts
- EcoSmart ECO 27
- Limited lifetime warranty
- 92,128 BTUs, using 27kw of power
- Uses three 40-amp breakers
- Between 2.7 to 6.5 gallons of hot water per minute
Top 5 list compiled by Forbes
For more information about tankless water heaters, or for other heating and cooling needs, contact us at Pilchuck Heating.